How to avoid pickpockets:
If you have ever seen the movie ‘Focus’ with Will Smith then you would understand how deceptive pickpockets are. Now, this is not just a Hollywood movie, this sort of activity is actually fairly common in many cities around Europe.
Here at Unleashed Grad Trips, we want you to have the #tripofalifetime and not let it be ruined by stingy pickpockets. So below are some tips on the common places, who they are and tips to avoid becoming a victim.
- Most major cities in Europe
- Tourist attractions
- Public transport, e.g.crowded trains
- Restaurants, e.g. pickpockets love to take bags/purses from the back of and underneath chairs
- Pickpockets are not just shady people lurking around
- They are more commonly young people, as they seem innocent and people tend to let their guard down when approached by children.
- also well-dressed people e.g. people in suits
- Pickpockets tend to work in groups, one person will act as a distractor while the others will work together to steal your valuables
How to avoid?
- Ladies, take a purse/handbag that has a zipper! This will make it extremely hard for pickpockets to reach into your bag and take your valuables
- Men, put your wallet in your front pockets! Never leave it in your back pocket as it will make it easy to be pickpocketed
- Take a secure backpack and in crowded places wear it backwards
- If you really want to feel secure, place locks on your backpack zippers
Travel in Europe is sick and we don't want pickpockets to ruin your #tripofalifetime, follow the above tips and your #europegradtrip will be incredible!